1 – Speak Off The Cuff
Time: 5 – 7 minutes
- Develop an awareness of situations in which you might be called upon to deliver an impromptu speech.
- Understand how to prepare for impromptu speaking.
- Develop skill as a speaker in the impromptu situation by using one or more patterns to approach a topic under discussion; for example, comparing a past, present, and future situation, or before and after.
2 – Uplift the Spirit
Time: 8 – 10 minutes
- Identify and understand the basic differences between inspirational speeches and other kinds of speeches.
- Learn how to evaluate audience feeling and develop emotional rapport.
- Develop a speech style and delivery that effectively expresses inspirational content by moving the audience to adopt your views.
3 – Sell a Product
Time: 10 – 12 minutes
- Understand the relationship of sales technique to persuasion.
- Skillfully use the four steps in a sales presentation: attention, interest, desire, action.
- Identify and promote a unique selling proposition in a sales presentation.
4 – Read Out Loud
Time: 12 – 15 minutes
- Arrive at an understanding of the elements that comprise oral interpretation and how it differs from preparing and giving a speech.
- Learn the preparation or planning techniques of effective interpretation.
- Learn the principles of presentation and develop skill in interpretive reading with regard to voice and body as instruments of communication.
5 – Introduce the Speaker
Time: duration of a club meeting
- Focus on the special occasion talk from the standpoint of the introducer (function, chairman, toastmaster, master of ceremonies).
- Become knowledgeable and skilled in the functions associated with the master of ceremonies.
- Handle the introduction of other speakers at a club meeting.