1 – The Effective Salesperson
Time: 8 – 12 minutes (3-4 min speech, short scenario intro, 3-5 min role play)
- Learn a technique for selling an inexpensive product in a retail store.
- Recognize a buyer’s thought processes in making a purchase.
- Elicit information from a prospective buyer through questions.
- Match the buyer’s situation with the most appropriate product.
2 – Conquering the “Cold Call”
Time: 10 – 14 minutes (3-4 min speech, short scenario intro, 5-7 min role play, 2-3 min discussion)
- Learn a technique for “cold call” selling of expensive product or services.
- Recognize the risks buyers assume in purchasing.
- Use questions to help the buyer discover problems with his or her current situation.
- Successfully handle buyer’s objections and concerns.
3 – The Winning Proposal
Time: 5 – 7 minutes
- Prepare a proposal advocating an idea or course of action.
- Organize the proposal using the six-step method provided.
4 – Addressing the Opposition
Time: 7 – 9 minutes plus 2 – 3 minutes Q&A
- Prepare a talk on a controversial subject that persuades an audience to accept or at least consider your viewpoint.
- Construct the speech to appeal to the audience’s logic and emotions.
5 – The Persuasive Leader
Time: 6 – 8 minutes
- Communicate your vision and mission to an audience.
- Convince your audience to work toward achieving your vision and mission.