1 – Read A Story
Time: 8 – 10 minutes
- To understand the elements of interpretive reading.
- To learn how to analyze a narrative and plan for effective interpretation.
- To learn and apply vocal techniques that will aid in the effectiveness of the reading.
2 – Interpreting Poetry
Time: 6 – 8 minutes
- To understand the differences between poetry and prose.
- To recognize how poets use imaginary, rhythm, meter, cadence and rhyme to convey the meanings and emotions of their poetry.
- To apply vocal techniques that will aid in the effectiveness of the reading.
3 – The Monodrama
Time: 5 – 7 minutes
- To understand the concept and nature of the monodrama.
- To assume the identity of a character and to portray the physical and emotional aspects of this character to an audience.
4 – The Play
Time: 12 – 15 minutes
- To adapt a play for interpretive reading.
- To portray several characters in one reading, identifying them to the audience through voice changes and movement.
5 – The Oratorical Speech
Time: 10 – 12 minutes
- To understand the structure of an effective speech.
- To interpret and present a famous speech.