Toastmaster for the day, Steve Kennelly chose the theme of ‘Career Change’ for todays meeting.
It became obvious as the meeting progressed that this was a blatant marketing campaign from Steve to recruit a replacement club treasurer.
(All credit to Steve for his service as club treasurer and a fine opportunity for someone else to step up and take the baton from him.)
Our first speaker was Sabine Parry with an animated presentation about the power of the subconscious mind. Starting out from the drivers seat she told us about the effect of emotion and repetition in creating our habits and the how to use awareness and kindness to change them.
Danny De Hek, the dyslexic toastmaster, was second speaker educating us about using mind maps as wheelchairs along with the value of perseverance, purpose, technology and mentors.
John McVicar as third speaker when on to humorously inform us about the challenges of task specific dystonia. Included was an outstanding claim from John that, although being a doctor, he was able to write legibly.
Alannah Vickery then invited Denise, Steve, Brent, Christie and Sandra to speak on a variety of career related table topics.
As a result of these presentations:
- we need to raise pots of money so that Denise can create a wetland forest
- don’t be surprised to find Steve under a table playing with building blocks
- If you are in the midst of a child custody dispute, talk to Brent
- Christie is the person to talk to if you want to sell a catered art exhibition
- If you want to get married talk to Sandra
This content is restricted to Boaters Toastmaster members. If you are an existing member, please login. New members may register below.